Yava’s HPA Opportunity
- Demand for HPA is expected to grow faster than its supply
- This will put upward pressure on HPA prices
- Rising feedstock prices and environmental compliance costs will impact legacy producers
- Economic and environmental factors indicate that increases in supply will come from new plants using new process technologies and lower cost feedstocks
- Current HPA competition is concentrated in China, Japan and Korea, but is fragmented, with the largest of dozens of participant companies having only about a 17% share of the global market
The HPA market will be constrained by supply and cost, yielding a very attractive opportunity for new entrants that can add lower cost supply. Yava’s ability to produce very high quality 4N+ HPA will present exceptional opportunities to contribute to the rapidly expanding use of those materials in the lucrative Lithium Ion Battery and sapphire glass markets.